Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Trimming the Tree

It's that time of year again!

I truely love Christmas. It is the most amazing holiday for about a million reasons and I just feel it from my head to my toes. This year is a little different though. The past two years Mark and I have enjoyed getting excited about Christmas together but this year is a little different. In the past we enjoyed shopping, decorating and baking together (really Mark just likes to sample the treats that I make!) but this year Medical School is getting in the way of that. It is probably one of the hardest things that I am having to adapt to...doing Christmas by myself. I know that if Mark had the choice that he would be 100% on board with helping me out, but right now studying is more important. So, although we had origionally decided not to decorate this year for budgetary reasons, we changed our minds. We decided that keeping the Christmas spirit alive in our household was more important than saving a few bucks. I spent a few good hours yesterday picking out a tree, a tree skirt, a star and ornaments for what is Mark and I's first tree as a married couple (almost 6 months!). Here is how it came together...



For my first time putting up a tree from start to finish, I honestly have to say that it looks really good. And I love how Bacon is posing for the picture! So, although it has been rough getting into the spirit, Christmas time is officially here. Now, I just have an immense amount of cooking and baking to do and I will be all ready for December 18th which is when Mark's semester is over and we can really begin the celebration of Jesus's birth!

No comments:

Post a Comment