Monday, December 14, 2009

Puppy Chow!

No, not actual dog food, but a more awesome snack that brings me back to elementary school. I first had puppy chow when I was in Campfire. Campfire is an organization similar to Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, but better! Our group leader, Jamie, would bring puppy chow to our meetings and let me just say, there were never any left overs! Although I have already over loaded myself when it comes to holiday baking and cooking, I decided that Shelby needed to have some puppy chow. I made a double batch which will be enjoyed this weekend.
The recipe is very easy. It is on the back of some of the Chex cereal boxes but I will post it here in case anyone uses the off brand (like I often do!).
Puppy Chow
Ingredients:
9 c Chex cereal
1 c semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 c peanut butter (creamy)
1/4 c butter
1 t vanilla
powdered sugar
Directions:
Measure out the cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
In a microwavable glass bowl, combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter.
Microwave for 1 minute on high. Stir and microwave for 30 seconds more.
Stir in vanilla.
Pour mixture over cereal and stir until all cereal is covered.
In a plastic zip top bag pour a generous amount of powdered sugar. Add the cereal to the bag and seal.
Shake until all cereal is coated with powdered sugar.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment