Sunday, October 18, 2009

Gourmet Awesomeness!

Sunday night dinner. I always try to do something a little more complex on Sundays because I have almost all day to cook (usually). This evening the goal was a pork roast, gourmet potatoes and fried zuccinni. That goal was achieved. The pork as it turns out did not need a full 60 minutes per pound so it came out a little dry. I think this can be prevented in the future once I replace my very broken meat thermometer (turns out, if you catch the chicken on fire that the thermometer is in, it breaks the thermometer). The fried zuccinni was great. I did a spin off of one of Giada De Larentis's recipes and it turned out amazing!! And last but not least, the gourmet potatoes. The recipe that I use I got from my mother-in-law. She has about a million awesome dishes she makes but this is one of my favorites. It is basically a potatoe casserole with a ton of cheese, onions, butter and sour cream (I pretend like there is no sour cream in it, but that is harder to do when I am now the one cooking it). They turned out awesome and I only wish I would have snapped a picture before Mark and I devoured them. So, all in all, Sunday night dinner was a success. The rest of the week should be quite tasty as well...

By the way, if anyone ever wants one of the recipes listed, please just let me know! I am all for sharing and teaching because that is how I am able to make these amazing things myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment